- 4-5 Medium Fresh Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Minced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Medium Tomato (Diced)
- 3 Tbls Fresh Basil (Chopped Medium)
- 8 Medium Mushrooms (Sliced Medium)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach (Chopped Medium)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Andy’s Rub
- 1/4 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn
- 1 Cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make good sized opening (pocket) with sharp paring knife in the side of each chicken breast & set aside.
In medium saute’ pan place 2 Tbls olive oil and heat on medium-high heat until pan is nice & hot, saute Garlic and Onions for 3 minutes, turn heat to high and add Sliced Mushrooms, Basel, Spinach, Tomato, Salt & Ground Pepper to pan and saute until mushrooms are barely cooked firm (about 3-4 minutes), remove from heat and drain through kitchen strainer. Place drained/ cooked ingredients into medium mixing bowl, add 3/4 Cup Pepper Jack cheese and fold cheese into cooked mixture (saving 1/4 cup cheese for later). Using a tablespoon, stuff cooked ingredients into each Chicken Breast and secure chicken pocket closed with 2 toothpicks in each breast. Place stuffed breasts into foil-lined oven pan, sprinkle 1/4 Cup Pepper Jack evenly over breasts, sprinkle Andy’s Rub over all breasts and place in oven, cook for 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked. Remove toothpicks, serve hot and enjoy!